Tuesday, October 28, 2014

1st Day back in the pool

After getting me kids off to school...I will be getting back into the pool.  In high school I was on the swim team and trained before and after school, plus was a work out freak.  Flash forward...the last 3 years I have had a accident leaving my back in horrible shape, a non-cancerous tumor on my chest that popped up in 3 days that had to be removed, being diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease  and poor eating habits because frankly I had really just given up on my body because it felt like it had given up on me.  All of these things causing me a wonderful 30 pound weight gain.  Well enough is enough.  Today I get into the pool.  I will be going during adult open swim.  The people who go at 6 am are the ones who are training for something wonderful.  The 9 am time slot is the over 60 age group.  I am no where near over 60.  But let's be real...if I go at 6 am I will be eaten alive.  Let's hope the over 60 group doesn't eat me alive too!

No comments:

Post a Comment